[Mailman-Users] Sequence numbers

John M jwm at plain.co.nz
Mon Jan 11 05:17:51 CET 1999

Barry A. Warsaw writes:

 >     JM> I've just installed mailman 1.0.b6. No problems there. I
 >     JM> started off by making a test list and I'm in the process of
 >     JM> poking about the admin interface when I notice that a lot of
 >     JM> options want you to refer to various details - the links just
 >     JM> take you back to the admin page via the password page. Are the
 >     JM> details part of the documentation on the TODO list, or is
 >     JM> something genuinely wrong?
 >
 > Do you have cookies disabled?  I see this behavior only when I disable
 > cookies.  This forces the admin interface to re-authenticate for every
 > query.  Yup, that sucks, and yup I think we can do better.

Yep. I'm using the junkbuster proxy. I'll give them a go with the
mailman site set to be allowed to use cookies. I assume that means
detailed help exists.

 > We probably don't need to authenticate if we're just getting details,
 > so we can probably ignore the missing cookie data.  I'll look into a
 > fix for this (too tired right now).

Given that I got two messages from this list, I take it that mailman
doesn't check headers and it's list to ensure that we only get sent
one message rather than two. It shouldn't be too hard to implement
this; are there any good reasons not to?

John.