[Mailman-Users] Sequence numbers

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Fri Jan 8 07:41:02 CET 1999

    JM> I've just installed mailman 1.0.b6. No problems there. I
    JM> started off by making a test list and I'm in the process of
    JM> poking about the admin interface when I notice that a lot of
    JM> options want you to refer to various details - the links just
    JM> take you back to the admin page via the password page. Are the
    JM> details part of the documentation on the TODO list, or is
    JM> something genuinely wrong?

Do you have cookies disabled?  I see this behavior only when I disable
cookies.  This forces the admin interface to re-authenticate for every
query.  Yup, that sucks, and yup I think we can do better.

We probably don't need to authenticate if we're just getting details,
so we can probably ignore the missing cookie data.  I'll look into a
fix for this (too tired right now).

Thanks,
-Barry