[Mailman-Users] private archiving problems

deadgrrrl deadgrrrl at necrobitch.com
Sun Feb 14 16:08:05 CET 1999

I did it the way the INSTALL file instructed.
but I knew it obviously wasn't working correctly :)
here's what INSTALL says for the archive dir.

    - Configure your Web server to point to the Pipermail public
      mailing list archives:
      For example, in Apache:
         Alias /pipermail/ $prefix/archives/public/

if this doesn't work for private archives and keep them private?
what will?

>    Alias /archives/public /home/mailman/archives/public/
>    Alias /archives/private /home/mailman/archives/private/
> ----- End Of Original Message -----

this gets me the same result as putting a symlink for private in the public
dir.
yes, the private archives are accessible now, but it's supposed to prompt
for your email address and your password, which isn't the case with this
setup.

deadgrrrl - deadgrrrl at necrobitch.com
BloodTies Administrator - irc.bloodties.com
I'm empty inside but for the incessant screaming
which refuses to subside, can you hear it?