[Mailman-Users] unknown mailer error 2

blurr at txraves.org blurr at txraves.org
Fri Aug 13 16:38:17 CEST 1999

ok i figured out what happened... i changed permissions for all my users
and totally forgot about how mailman needed to be treated in a special
manner...

anyways here is how the permissions looked for /home/mailman when it did
NOT work:

drwx-wSr-x  17 mailman  mailman      1024 Aug  3 22:31 mailman

looking through the INSTALL file i found where it talks about setting permissions
on the files after they are in place:

            % cd $prefix
            % chgrp mailman .
            % chmod a+rx,g+ws .

after this my permissions were as follows:

drwxrwsr-x  17 mailman  mailman      1024 Aug  3 22:31 mailman

one thing i don't understand is how did this affect the permissions of the
parent directory when i issued the chmod command while -inside- of it?

Jordan Phillips
blurr at txraves.org
http://www.txraves.org/~blurr
http://www.txraves.org

Black holes are where God divided by zero.