[Mailman-Users] First time posting large list worries.

Christian Dysthe christian at opera.com
Thu Aug 12 16:59:26 CEST 1999

Hi,

we have Mailman set up and running fine now on our Debian Slink server.
I must say that Mailman seems to be a wonderful piece of software. We
are really impressed.

One of our lists is a Newsletter that people subscribe to, and we have
transfered our Majordomo list to Mailman (using add_members). This list
has 32.000 names on it, and I was wondering what will happen when we post
our first newsletter to this list?

What we worry about is that the server will be bogged down with this
task. Since this is also our web server this is a concern. I am not able
to test what happens with this amount of simultaneous mailings, so I
wanted to ask if others have experience using mailiman with lists
containing this amount, or more, of subscribed users. I would also like
to know if there is anything I can do to make sure this runs smoothly.

We are using exim as MTA, and none of us are "Linux-gurus" :)

Regards,
Christian Dysthe
Opera Software A/S
Voice: 1-210-490-5197