[Mailman-Users] Filtering out mail headers

joe vaughan joev at freddyfrog.com
Sun Apr 18 02:24:28 CEST 1999

Hi there,

If this question is answered anywhere, I haven't been able to find
it. :)

I have a few mailman lists, with several subscribers that have
Delivery reciepts request turned on.

I'd like to have mailman automatically strip out the relevant headers
if possible.

Q1. Is this possible. I'm running exim, and could impose a system
filter to trap them, but that means either stripping them from all
mail messages to my domain or checking explicitly for the list
addresses and then stripping them, which in turn means adding each new
list created into the exim filter. I'd like, if possible to do it in
mailman.

Q2. If it is possible, would anyone be able to point me in the right
direction to start? I'm a complete python newbie and reading the
mailman source helps a little, but doesn't really teach me enough
python to implement such a filter from scratch :)

Any help would be appreciated.

regards

joev
--
joe vaughan         project coordinator   Project Mnemonic
joev at mnemonic.org		          http://www.mnemonic.org/