[Mailman-Users] Msgs. from subscribers requiring approval?

Greg Connor gconnor at nekodojo.org
Tue Apr 13 05:25:20 CEST 1999

At 01:08 PM 4/12/99 -0400, gmelists wrote:
>Thanks for your reply.
>
>I'm running 1.0b11.  Just changed the following options under privacy:
>(paraphrased)
>	Posts approved by administrator: no
>	Restrict posts to list members only: yes
>
>Send another message from gme at caffeine.sundial.net, and got the following:
>Postings from member addresses only.
>
>        :-(

Your logs/vette file should tell you who mailman *thinks* the message is
from.  Looking here won't solve the problem, but it may tell you where to go.

If mailman thinks the post is from "gme at caffeine.sundial.net", then maybe
there is a bug somewhere.  (Make sure your subscription was for this same
address, including being all lower case).

If mailman thinks your address is gme at caffeine or gme at localhost, configure
your mailer to always send your full domain (did you send to the list using
its full qualified name?)

If mailman thinks  your address is ocso-test-admin at lists.sundial.net, this
is a sendmail "feature".  See previous posting at
  http://www.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/1999-April/001091.html

In any case, watching the log (vette and posts) should help you determine
if there's a pattern to the madness :)

good luck