[Mailman-Users] Just a little help please. ;)

Nagy Balazs julian7 at kva.hu
Thu Sep 17 23:21:13 CEST 1998

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Nimh wrote:

> Heya all,

Hoi brother.

> I have recently set up Mailman on my system in lue of Petidomo, and I must
> say I am most impressed.  I only have a few questions:
>
> 1) Most of my subscribers are reciving more than one copy of every relayed
> email...so I set the max connections to 1 in the config (I saw that solution
> in the archives).  Is that correct?

This is normal but not correct.  There's a little bug in queueing.  Please
wait for the new release.

> 2) How do I get my archives working or are they not implemented yet?

Iam curious too.  I think no one can tell you anything because nobody say a
word about this.

> 3) What permissions do you all have set on your /home/mailman and the cgi
> scripts?  I ended up adding mail and nobody to my mailman group.

You have to give the same rights as you're running your webserver.  This is
only a wrapper, which filters out unauthorized runs.
--
hacker: /n./ One who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively
             overcoming or circumventing limitations.