[Mailman-Users] Problem w/ subscribing on Debian 2.0 system

kemp at ocean2.msrc.sunysb.edu kemp at ocean2.msrc.sunysb.edu
Tue Nov 24 19:10:50 CET 1998

I am running Debian 2.0, using smail release 3_2_0_101.
I have set up a mailing list LOTOC and can run admin
functions just fine.  When I attempt to subscribe to the
list in order to test it, I get the initial mailing requesting
confirmation before my subscription is entered.  I return
that email to confirm, and receive the following error sent
to postmaster:

|------------------------- Failed addresses follow: ---------------------

 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd lotoc" ... failed:
transport pipe:
 child returned status EX_1 (1)

(etc etc)

I have seen something like this addressed once before in
the archives but for a different system configuration.  The
solution there was to alter the EXIM director and
transport files.  Can anyone explain how I would do this
for a Debian/smail based system?

Thanks!

Paul Kemp