[Mailman-Users] permission denied to archives dir with apache

John Lewis jlewis at prospace.org
Wed Nov 11 21:00:50 CET 1998

At 02:44 PM 11/11/98 -0500, Corbett J. Klempay wrote:
>Yes, I had a pretty much identical problem (RH 5.1 machine).  What does an
>ls -l look like in your /home/mailman/archives/private/ dir look like?
>Scott (scott at chronis.pobox.com) logged onto my system and found that a
>bunch of the symlinks were all crackheaded..some pointed to the right
>place, and others didn't. After he fixed this, (and I used the arch script
>to import my accumulated list archives) all has been fine and dandy.

Here is what I get for the /home/mailman/archives/public directory:

[jlewis at hadron public]$ ls -l
total 0
rwxrwxrwx   1 root     mailman        39 Nov 10 17:36 testlist ->
/home/mailman/archives/private/testlist
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     mailman        44 Nov 10 17:36 testlist.mbox ->
/home/mailman/archives/private/testlist.mbox

Which looks right.  Is it though?  I installed mailman as root.

-JL