[Mailman-Users] Multiple copies of messages?

William Bradford mrbill at frenzy.com
Fri Jul 31 07:47:32 CEST 1998

On Thu, Jul 30, 1998 at 02:49:53PM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> Bill,
> We know that 1.0b5 has a bug that subscription acknowledgements are
> sent out twice.  We haven't tracked this problem down yet.  Are you
> saying that your members are also getting some posts more than once?
> I haven't seen that on my test lists, but it could still be happening
> (and possibly caused by the same bug that's sending out subscript acks
> twice).
> -Barry

My users are getting list posts more than once (twice, three times, sometimes
four or five copies of the same messages).

Never ran into a multiple-subscribe-ack problem (I added all my users
manually, from another list software), but I also found that if I tried
to add more than 25 users at a time or so I'd get error occurances with
messages on the web page like "Operation would block", etc.  That, however,
may be a DEC UNIX limit problem and not a MailMan problem.

DU 4.0D / Sendmail 8.9.1 / Python 1.5.1 / MailMan 1.0b5, compiled with
GCC (egcs 1.0.3a).

Currently, until I can get the multiple-posts problem fixed (I myself was
getting the posts twice) I've got all my users back on Procmail/Smartlist.
8-(

Bill Bradford * mrbill at frenzy.com