[Mailman-Users] Multiple copies of messages?

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Thu Jul 30 20:49:53 CEST 1998

    WB> I'm running 1.0b5 with apache 1.3 and python 1.5.1 on a DEC
    WB> UNIX 4.0D machine (AlphaStation 200 166mhz), and some of my
    WB> list members are getting multiple copies of the same message..
    WB> Also, I found that you cant "en masse" add more than 25 or so
    WB> people at a time, or the operation bombs out with an
    WB> "operation would block" message on the error bug page returned
    WB> by the web browser...

Bill,

We know that 1.0b5 has a bug that subscription acknowledgements are
sent out twice.  We haven't tracked this problem down yet.  Are you
saying that your members are also getting some posts more than once?
I haven't seen that on my test lists, but it could still be happening
(and possibly caused by the same bug that's sending out subscript acks
twice).

-Barry