[Mailman-i18n] Hebrew translation

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Sun May 4 18:31:35 CEST 2014

On Thu, 01 May 2014 23:02:45 -0700
Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 05/01/2014 10:22 PM, Genghis Khan wrote:
> > Hallo,
> >
> > I would like to be joined to GNU Mailman translators translation
> > group[0] to gain privileges to update Hebrew translation for GNU
> > Mailman. My Launchpad Id is ~genghiskhan[1]
> >
> > [0] https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/mailman-translators
> > [1] https://launchpad.net/~genghiskhan
>

> That group never got off the ground and was primarily aimed at
> Mailman 3 in any case.
>
> Are you interested in Mailman 2.1 or Mailman 3?

Whichever one you would want me to translate.

> If 2.1, I suggest you wait a day or two because there is a
> significant change to one specific string that is not yet in the
> mailman.pot template or msgmerged into
> messages/he/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po. In any case, translating does not
> depend on any membership in the translation group. See the detailed
> procedure at <http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/i18nhowto>.

Thank you for this information and reference.

Since I do not know how to create a Bazaar branch, I think, I will send
an update to this list or to one of the staff members.

P.S. If you are a Hebrew speaker and you are reading this message,
     please contact me for further collaboration on this matter.

P.S. Is Mr. Dov Zamir, who is the original author of the Hebrew
     translation, is still active in GNU Mailman?