[Mailman-i18n] Move to Launchpad?

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Wed Sep 30 08:18:41 CEST 2009

Hi guys :)

<waves>

I've reappeared out of the brain fog [1] and need to catch up on
Mailman translation.

Although I'm delighted that Launchpad has finally moved to open
source, I still have some reservations about using it. I'd personally
prefer to use Pootle, or grab the latest file from bzr.

However, the use of Launchpad means, especially with my intermittent
capabilities, that I need to be able to check if anyone else has
started contributing Vietnamese strings to Mailman. It's important
that translators don't duplicate work, and that can happen, say, with
one translating offline, and one using Launchpad.

Does Launchpad have an upload function with overwrite or merge
options, like Pootle? If not, can we just commit translations via bzr,
and they will be merged with the Launchpad files?

Meanwhile, I'll grab the latest vi.po from bzr and update it. :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team

[1] http://www.hfme.org/