[Mailman-i18n] Move to Launchpad?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Sep 4 15:06:33 CEST 2009

David Planella wrote:

>Ok. Another question, slightly out of topic but also related to
>reorganizing translations: has there been any work in moving the HTML
>templates' translations to PO files? Or are the templates going to be
>handled in any different way for 3.0? This would make life a lot
>easier for translators (perhaps just using xml2po to convert back and
>forth would be useful).

Tokio actually did this in the old SVN trunk that became the 3.0
branch, but that work may be rendered moot for MM 3.

It's on my list to do it for 2.2, but it's not straightforward because
there are several changes involving moving the templates into the
message catalogs (.po files) and selecting at installation time what
languages to install, and I haven't sorted it all out.

It's also not as useful as it might be because the entire template is
one translated string. It would be better if smaller units, e.g.
paragraphs, were the strings.