[Mailman-i18n] Problem with Danish characters?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 24 20:05:12 CEST 2009

Kaja P. Christiansen wrote:

>This brings me to another question. When I define DEFAULT_CHARSET
>in the mm_cfg.py, and mm_cfg.py is imported in other modules, the
>encoding is actually known to Mailman. Would it be possible to use
>this value instead of patching Python?

DEFAULT_CHARSET was used only by the pipermail archiver and hasn't been
actually used by anything in Mailman since before Mailman 2.1.0.

With regard to changing the encoding for the command line tools that
currently use Python's getdefaultencoding() is concerned, they should
probably be using something like locale.getdefaultlocale()[1] instead.
This is something we should look into for Mailman 2.2/3.0