[Mailman-i18n] Help please with another combined variable

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Tue Mar 7 11:41:31 CET 2006

Hello again :)

I'm not sure how to handle the translation of this string:
___
po:606
reference:	⑤	Mailman/Deliverer.py:79
Original:	⌘0	Welcome to the \"%(realname)s\" mailing list%(digmode)s
___

If the whole variable is "list%(digmode)s", which i can write as "%
(digmode)slist" if necessary, I'm still unsure whatn to do, because
"mailing list" is an entire term in my language. We actually
translate it as "shared mailbox". So I can't separate the two words
"mailing" and "list" in the translation. I have to translate them
together, as one term.

I had a look at the source code, to see if that would help:
___
msg = Message.UserNotification(
             self.GetMemberAdminEmail(name), self.GetRequestEmail(),
             _('Welcome to the "%(realname)s" mailing list%(digmode)s'),
             text, pluser)
___

but I'm afraid that doesn't make anything clearer to me.

Does this string say:

"Welcome to the [name] mailing list [in digest mode]"

or

"Welcome to the [name] mailing [list in digest mode]?"

If it's the second, and I'm not allowed to translate the "list" part,
I can't translate the string correctly. :(

Thankyou for any help you can offer with this. :)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)