[Mailman-i18n] set charset in outgoing Mailman messages

Josh Zlatin-Amishav josh at tkos.co.il
Mon Feb 13 13:17:28 CET 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:

> Josh Zlatin-Amishav wrote:
>> I translated a few of the Mailman subscripe and unsubscribe
>> text files to Hebrew. I tried to add Hebrew (iso-8859-8-1) support by
>> adding the following line to Defaults.py
>> add_language('he',    _('Hebrew'),              'iso-8859-8-1')
>
> Fist, ISO 693 states the language code for the Hebrew is 'iw' not 'he'.  Are
> you sure the above code is right?

Your correct, the -1 was a typo on my part that was supposed to be -i,
and the language code was altogether wrong.

> You may have to chose a proper charset name and register in the aliases.

Can you elaborate? Right now all Mailman messages are sent using
us-ascii. If iso-8859-8 (or iso-8859-8-i) are recognized charsets, and
the DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE = 'iw' how to I tell Mailman to use
iso-8859-8-1 instead of us-ascii.

Thank you for your help.

--
  - Josh