[Mailman-i18n] set charset in outgoing Mailman messages

Josh Zlatin-Amishav josh at tkos.co.il
Mon Feb 13 10:39:12 CET 2006

I translated a few of the Mailman subscripe and unsubscribe
text files to Hebrew. I tried to add Hebrew (iso-8859-8-1) support by adding
the following line to Defaults.py
add_language('he',    _('Hebrew'),              'iso-8859-8-1')

and I even tried setting the default language to Hebrew in mm_cfg.py
DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE = 'he'

but the messages sent by Mailman still do not set the charset correctly. I
looked at http://www.list.org/i18n.html for more specific instructions
but could not find any. Can someone point me in the right direction to
configure Mailman to set the charset for outgoing Mailman messages to
iso-8859-8-1.

Thank you,

--
  - Josh