[Mailman-i18n] Ubuntu/Launchpad Rosetta for i18n translations?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Nov 21 22:34:54 CET 2005

Barry Warsaw wrote:
> In what will hopefully be just the first of several improvements to the
> Mailman development process, I would like to get some feedback from the
> i18n developers on moving translation coordination to Rosetta.

The thing that worries me (as a TP coordinator) about Rosetta and open
translation processes is the legal copyright issues. In principle, each
translator has the copyright to the translation, so the translator would
need to do license the translations somehow. I'm actually unsure what
the procedures at Rosetta are, so this might be FUD - but it should be
clarified before making such a change.

I don't know how much mailman has to implement FSF policies (it still
is part of the GNU project, right?): the FSF would require assignments
from each contributor, or, in the specific case of translators, a
signed copyright disclaimer.

Regards,
Martin