[Mailman-i18n] Question about the utf-8 tag

आलोक कुमार alok.kumar at gmail.com
Mon May 9 04:40:35 CEST 2005

On 5/9/05, आलोक कुमार <alok.kumar at gmail.com> wrote:
> 4. The Mailman list I own, has the archives at
> http://lists.sarovar.org/pipermail/devanaagarii-lipi/ - the pages
> there have the utf-8 tag, however the pages do not get displayed in
> utf-8 the first time. That's not true for the other pages on the same
> server, only for the Mailman pages. Other sites that have the utf-8
> tag (eg http://devanaagarii.net) also display utf-8 in the first shot.
> Why is this behavior so? Is there any other setting involved?

I also noticed http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-i18n/2005-May/001218.html
- the last message - the tag for encoding is us-ascii, but the unicode
characters get displayed properly because &#<number> format is being
used in the html.
Well that's one way of doing it but not one that I would prefer, since
view-> source becomes human - unreadable.