[Mailman-i18n] Should we join the Translation Project?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Oct 11 10:22:06 EDT 2003

Barry Warsaw wrote:
> I would try to arrange with Francois so that we could import all our
> existing po files, and allow a grace period on the disclaimer.

I'd like to clarify two things: first, François is no longer
coordinating the TP; it is now Karl Eichwalder and myself. Second,
submission of disclaimers should be independent of TP participation:
copyright procedures for translators should be decided within the
project - the TP can only offer to enforce the procedures, it cannot
define them.

That said, projects that are part of the GNU project should have
copyright assignments, translation disclaimers, and so on - atleast RMS
tells us that this is how things should be within the GNU project.

Regards,
Martin