[Mailman-i18n] My Mailman occurs an ERROR, when i set the DEFAULT_SERVER_LANGUAGE to 'gb2312'

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Nov 30 17:05:00 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 20:50, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:

> >>You should first install ChineseCodecs. It is available
> >>from http://mm.tkikuchi.net/ChineseCodecs-1.1.0p.tar.gz
> >>which is patched to fit in the mailman installation.
> >>Find how Japanese and Korean codecs are installed reading
> >>Makefile and other and adjust the mailman distibution files.
> >

> > Should we add this codec package to the Mailman distribution?
>
> Yes. At least it will reduce shunted messages.
> There is CJKCodecs out but I haven't get much positive view
> from japanese python community.

It's been a while since you sent this message.  Over in the email-sig I
think you're now endorsing (or at least not vetoing :) CJKCodecs.  So
now do think we should drop JapaneseCodecs and KoreanCodecs for
CJKCodecs?

> > Do you think I should change Defaults.py.in?
>
> Yes.
> - add_language('big5', _('Traditional Chinese'), 'big5')
> - add_language('gb',   _('Simplified Chinese'),  'gb2312')
> + add_language('zh_CN', _('Chinese (China)'), 'gb2312')
> + add_language('zh_TW', _('Chinese (Taiwan)'), 'big5')

Okay, cool.  I've made these changes and will remove the
templates/{big5,gb} and messages/big5 directories (or at least their
contents so cvs up -P gets rid of them).  Hopefully that will inspire
people to contribute zh_CN and zh_TW translations! :)

-Barry