[Mailman-i18n] German diction of email

Oliver Egginger Oliver.Egginger at dvz.fh-giessen.de
Fri May 9 09:36:07 EDT 2003

Helo,

in the german translation of mailman the dictions "e-mail", "Email" and
other translations of the english word email are not correct.

Email, for example, is the german word for enamel and have nothing to
do with "E-Mail", which would be an accurate translation of the english
word email.

All german standard works suggest "E-Mail".

According to this the german term for email address is "E-Mail-Adresse"
and not "e-mail-Adresse" like you wrote.
(See the german confirm message of this list for example.)

The wrong translations are unfortunately in common use but I think
you should set a good example.

Also I like to thank you very much for translating this great software
(mailman) into the german language.

- oliver

--
Oliver Egginger <Oliver.Egginger at dvz.fh-giessen.de>
Giessen-Friedberg University of Applied Sciences