[Mailman-i18n] "Funny" characters in real names?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:51:53 -0400

    TK> I had to add "import japanese" in Utils.py. Otherwise, I got
    TK> unknown charset error when I entered japanese in fullname.

Do you have a traceback?

Can you send me a valid Japanese name string so that I can try it
myself?  I would have thought that the codecs package would have
imported the Japanese codecs automatically.  If not, we have to figure
out the right way to hook it up so it works.

If adding the import is the only way to do it, then we'll go that
route, but I'd like to try to reproduce the problem here.

    TK> And, "korean" ? Where should I put them ?

We probably have to handle this the same way we handle Japanese, but
I'm not sure what the right way to do that is at the moment.

Thanks,
-Barry