[Mailman-i18n] "Funny" characters in real names?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:25:02 -0400

    BG> As far as the command-line goes, we should probably reject
    BG> non-ASCII real names, yes.

+1

    BG> (It MIGHT be possible to parse the
    BG> various LANG/LC_CHARSET environment variables and guess the
    BG> character set, but that's a pain.)

-1

    BG> The mass subscribe page case should be the same as any other
    BG> HTML form, right?  Whatever character set the original form's
    BG> page used is what all the real names' character sets get set
    BG> to.

That simply means that you couldn't mass subscribe users with
different charsets in their real names, but I'm perfectly fine with
that limitation, especially since I don't see a way around it. :)

Ok, I think I'll try to whip this up.  Thanks for the feedback.

-Barry