[Mailman-i18n] Re: Add header/footer to MIME multipart

Martin v. Löwis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 13 11:26:46 2002

"Martin Ramsch" <m.ramsch@computer.org> writes:

> > My main reservation about doing this is about the best way to craft
> > this new outer multipart/mixed message.  In all the other cases, we're
> > basically keeping the outer chrome intact, e.g. the headers from the
> > originally sent message are basically passed through.
[...]
> So it's pretty simple:  just move the MIME header lines down into
> its new seperate part, leave all other header lines alone!
>
> Not too difficult :-)

While it may be simple on paper or in a text editor, I believe Barry
was talking about the changes needed in Mailman, given the
class-and-instance structure of Mailman.

Barry wants to create a new email.Message.Message around the existing
message, which then would become the multipart/mixed message.

However, I don't think this is needed: You could create a new Message,
and copy the ._payload, and the content type to the new message; you
would change the _payload of the existing message to be a list of the
three parts (header, submessage, footer), and also change content
type.

That would leave the outer chrome intact, no?

Regards,
Martin