[Mailman-i18n] Subject lines in Archives

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 20:57:08 +0900

    Martin> This is not true. Pipermail is well prepared to deal with
    Martin> character sets in archives; it just needs little fixing.

You tell me what happens when I post in Japanese, then the next person
posts in Chinese, then the next person posts in German.

You get an unreadable, illegally encoded HTML file that may scramble
peoples' terminals or crash them.

If you have found a solution for this other than converting
everything to UTF-8, I would love to hear it.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters Z and J and the number 12.
"A yonker is a young man."