[Mailman-i18n] korean translation

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 18:11:14 +0900

tes:

    Ben> Of course, I forgot that EUC-KR is a multibyte charset; it's
    Ben> possible (although I don't know how email clients behave)
    Ben> that clients will screw up if we split an EUC-KR string
    Ben> between two bytes of a character when wrapping a long header
    Ben> line.

    Martin> I think there are other reasons for that, as well. People
    Martin> may use multiple encodings when posting to a mailing list,
    Martin> so archiving needs to perform character set conversion
    Martin> (see patch 510415).

    Martin> Likewise, removal of duplicate list names needs charset
    Martin> conversion, see patch 498766.

    Martin> Is anybody actually looking at these patches?

I think there are a million issues with Pipermail that need to be
solved for Mailman 2.2 (3.0?).  These are two of them.

The whole system needs to be overhauled, and lots of issues with
multiple charsets in a list archive need to be dealt with.

Ben

--=20
Brought to you by the letters N and X and the number 17.
"What's different, Pete, about the 69 that makes it so exciting to you?"
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer of Gimp and Nethack -- http://www.debian.org/