[Mailman-i18n] korean translation

Martin v. Löwis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
29 Mar 2002 10:05:14 +0100

Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org> writes:

> Of course, I forgot that EUC-KR is a multibyte charset; it's possible
> (although I don't know how email clients behave) that clients will
> screw up if we split an EUC-KR string between two bytes of a character
> when wrapping a long header line.
>
> We may need that Korean Unicode module after all.

I think there are other reasons for that, as well. People may use
multiple encodings when posting to a mailing list, so archiving needs
to perform character set conversion (see patch 510415).

Likewise, removal of duplicate list names needs charset conversion,
see patch 498766.

Is anybody actually looking at these patches?

Regards,
Martin