[Mailman-i18n] I wanna join in Brazilian Portuguese Translation Team.

Martin v. Löwis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
26 Jul 2002 09:46:12 +0200

barry@python.org (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

> I'd be thrilled to have you work on the Portuguese translations.  I
> have your tarball dated 2-Jul-2002 which I will now install, and
> update all the proper Makefile machinery to add the `pt' language.

Given the subject, I assume that this should really be 'pt_BR'.  My
understanding is that the two Portuguese variants (Iberian and
Brazilian) are sufficiently different to justify different
translations.

For historical reasons, 'pt' is used for 'pt_PT', whereas the
Brazilian variant is always identified by 'pt_BR' - even though
Brazilian Portuguese has more speakers.

Regards,
Martin