[Mailman-i18n] Automatic translation between GB and BIG5 code

James Henstridge james@daa.com.au
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:25:23 +0800 (WST)

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Michael Fang contributed a Big5 mailman.po file, which I've just
> checked into cvs.  Thanks Michael!
>
> However, I've had trouble running it through msgfmt.  See the errors
> below.  If anybody can lend assistance, it would be greatly
> appreciated.

If you are using a new gettext (> 0.10.35), then you may need to update
the PO file.  I think you can update the po file with the following
command:
  OLD_PO_FILE_INPUT=1 msgmerge filename.po mailman.pot > fixed.po

They decided that 8 bit characters in .po files were bad in the newer
versions of gettext.

James.