[Mailman-i18n] How to do it

Eric eric@dehont.dyn.dhs.org
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 06:07:08 +0100

I'm using using Mailman 2.0rc1 since 2 days and am wondering which
steps to take to translate the user interface to Dutch.

(Perhaps someone has done that already?)

I suppose I should start with translating the files in ./template, taking
a good guess about how the embedded variables will turn up...

I have a feeling that when I'm finished I've created a system which
presents the user with a weird mixture of Dutch and English.

What should be my next steps, considering I know nothing about Python?

I've read that with Mailman 3 translating the UI will get serious
consideration, but I don't want to wait even if the results of
translating Mailman 2.0rc1 will be less than perfect.

Greetings,

Eric de Hont