[Mailman-Developers] Small contrib script

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jan 6 18:25:55 EST 2018

On 01/06/2018 02:51 PM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:

> I've made a local copy of the MM 2.1 source tree using 'bzr branch
> lp:mailman/2.1" and made appropriate revisions to it incorporating my
> mailman-config.py into the contrib directory of the source tree and
> modifying configure and configure.in to do the proper substitutions for
> the working copy that's generated in build/contrib at build time.
>
> I'm a bit at sea on the last two parts of your instruction. How do I
> properly push my branch back to my launchpad account? Do I create a
> PPA?

No, you don't need to create a PPA. It's been a while since I've done
this, so I may not have it exactly right, but assume your launchpad user
name is "example" and assuming you have committed all your changes in
your bzr branch, first ensure you have uploaded your ssh public key to
your Launchpad account.

Then in your bzr branch do

bzr push lp:~example/mailman/name
"example" is your actual user name. "mailman" is the project this is
associated with and "name" will be the Launchpad name of your branch and
can be any name that is meaningful to you.

> How do I create a merge proposal?

Once you have pushed your branch, go to it in Launchpad. It will be at
<https://code.launchpad.net/~example/mailman/name> or you will also find
it listed at <https://code.launchpad.net/~example/>.

On your branch's code page will be a "Propose for merging" link. Follow
that, set the Target Branch to ~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1, add a
description if you like and "Propose Merge"