[Mailman-Developers] DMARC mitigation code question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Oct 19 21:13:24 EDT 2017

On 10/19/2017 07:32 AM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> Mark, et al
>
> While configuring the MM 2.1 DMARC mitigation code for use in Courier-
> MTA I note that the return from _DMARCProhibited(..) for a detected
> policy of "p=none" is True, just as it is for "p=quarantine" and
> "p=reject". Why is this? I would assume that if this code is reached,
> and p=none, that no From munging would be required.

I think the code you're looking at is conditional on
dmarc_none_moderation_action being True which is neither a default nor a
recommended setting. It was added (reluctantly) in response to
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/1539384> and probably should
not have been. It is not in Mailman 3.

If you have time and interest, read the bug report (and all 11 comments).