[Mailman-Developers] How to set up mailman 3

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Thu Mar 30 16:15:09 EDT 2017

On Mar 30, 2017, at 09:45 PM, Jan Jancar wrote:

>This would also go well with an idea I had about the current state of
>the REST API and encrypted lists. With having decorators like
>"@exported_REST", another one could get introduced, something like
>"@requires_permission("some.perm.name")" which would introduce
>permission-based granularity to the REST API. Then multiple
>user:password pairs could be specified in a config with different
>permissions and so Mailman could provide different levels of API access
>to different apps.

Our intention is to support permission based access to the REST API via an
"authenticating proxy", which we call lemme:

https://gitlab.com/mailman/lemme/tree/master

and for an outline on how this might work:

https://gitlab.com/mailman/lemme/blob/master/OUTLINE.rst

We had good discussions about this at Pycon 2016, but haven't gotten very far
in implementation details.  I'm hoping we can spend a little bit of time on
that this year.

Cheers,
-Barry