[Mailman-Developers] How to set up mailman 3

Jan Jancar johny at neuromancer.sk
Thu Mar 30 15:45:05 EDT 2017

On 03/30/2017 08:01 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Barry Warsaw writes:
>
>  > up on the state of the art, but IIRC, there were Python libraries that could
>  > generate bindings based on WADL.
>
> That sounds cool, but I tend to feel that WADL gets pretty heavy.  If
> we can't just mark things with something like "@exported_REST", it's
> not clear that the maintenance burden is worth it.

This would also go well with an idea I had about the current state of
the REST API and encrypted lists. With having decorators like
"@exported_REST", another one could get introduced, something like
"@requires_permission("some.perm.name")" which would introduce
permission-based granularity to the REST API. Then multiple
user:password pairs could be specified in a config with different
permissions and so Mailman could provide different levels of API access
to different apps.

Although, reading Barry's message again, this may not be possible /
maintainable.

-Jan