[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3 Dockerfile

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Thu Jan 26 14:57:16 EST 2017

On Jan 26, 2017, at 07:38 PM, Simon Hanna wrote:

>Please note that mailman-bundler currently doesn't produce a usable
>environment.

I think bundler does more harm than good.  We should probably just abandon it,
we don't really have anything better.  I don't have any strong opinions about
what technology to use (e.g. Docker, Salt, Chef, Juju, etc.)  other than it
should be relatively easy to use on a wide variety of *nix platforms.  It
doesn't need to handle anything more than the simple common case of deploying
it all to the same server.  That's not to say that we can't point to lots of
good alternatives, and even distro packages once they're available.

Cheers,