[Mailman-Developers] Request to process merge requests faster

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Wed Sep 21 18:24:09 EDT 2016

Sorry it's been such a demotivating experience for you.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I had some big life events this
summer, both expected and unexpected, happy and very sad, and have been
too tapped out to handle merge requests at anything resembling a
reasonable speed.  Florian and I do need to sit down and talk about how
to improve things going forwards, but we've barely had time to chat as
friends let alone make grand decisions about the project or find another
maintainer whose opinion we value.  I expect things to get better over
the next few months as I start to get my footing under me again and
figure out my new schedules, but it's going to be a while before we find
a way to handle merge requests at the speed I'd like to have them handled.

I know it's not the answer you want to hear, and I would not blame you
in the slightest if you want to find another project to contribute to
with more active maintainers.  Please don't feel bad about finding a
more active use of your time.  If you need help finding another project,
or want an introduction to any of the folk from other projects who
participate in GSoC under the Python Software Foundation, please don't
hesitate to ask!

  Terri