[Mailman-Developers] Request to process merge requests faster

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Tue Oct 25 18:17:39 EDT 2016

On Sep 13, 2016, at 12:43 AM, Simon Hanna wrote:

>I know all core devs are volunteers, and no one is maintaing the Mailman
>projects full-time, but it's a little frustrating to have your merge request
>open for a couple of months without any/much reaction to it...

Simon, I personally apologies for the long delay in responding, and in any
delays in reviewing your work on core.  Like others, it was a stressful
(northern hemisphere) summer for me and after my travel I got quite
backlogged.  Work and family come first of course.

But I am actively working now to reduce the core backlog.  I am working
through merge requests now, but it's difficult to get through more than one in
a sitting.  I think there are some GitLab workflow issues that slow me down,
but also, most branches require fairly deep thinking, testing, and review.
Still, that doesn't help you when you're frustrated by the progress.

I hope you won't leave us in anger just yet though.  Patience does win
eventually, and we do value your contributions.

Thanks also to Terri and Steve for their thoughtful insights on this thread.

Cheers,