[Mailman-Developers] CAPTCHA support

Dean Suhr deansuhr at deansuhr.us
Sun Mar 6 12:58:01 EST 2016

As the parent and caregiver for a disabled child (age 35) and a nationally known advocate for the 1 in 10 worldwide with one of 7,000 rare diseases, I have great respect for those with disabilities … and for those aging, like me, who are increasingly visually and audibly challenged.

With that said, each list serves a different audience and has a different mix of challenges with their potential subscribers.  For this reason I would suggest that CAPTCHA be an optional feature that the list admin configures (perhaps with a paragraph of helpful perspective that explains the challenges of CAPTCHAs which can be gleaned from the other comments in this thread).

While CAPTCHA is not a 100% perfect solution, I can imagine situations where a 25 or 50% solution is still incrementally but notably helpful.

Let’s leave that decision up to the list administrator on a list by list basis.

Dean