[Mailman-Developers] GSoC project - Implement module to process ARC headers

Aditya Divekar adityadivekar03 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 14:50:53 EDT 2016

Hi!

It's been sometime since the GSoC coding period started, and I apologize
for putting in this mail so late!

The GSoC project is divided into two repositories.
ARC implementation - https://gitlab.com/adityadivekar/arc

refactored dkimpy package - https://gitlab.com/adityadivekar/sign-message
The original dkimpy package hosted on launchpad provides the functions for
DKIM signing and verifying of a message. This module extends the
functionality by adding support for the ARC set of headers.

Now the next step would be to change the namespace and make it more general
to accommodate the ARC capability. That is the module now provides the
capability for ARC protocol implementation but still retains its 'DKIM'
namespace.
Since this would involve quite a few changes, and could easily break the
setup, I would like your thoughts on this if there are any good practices
to follow here.
The way I can think of doing this is to grep all files and change the names
and then clear all the cache files.

Thanks
Aditya