[Mailman-Developers] Continuous Integration for Mailman Projects

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 16:20:12 EST 2016

Mailman Developers,

Since you all know that a big reason why we moved to Gitlab from
Launchpad was Continuous Integration. As of now, only the forks of core
developers were automatically built by the Gitlab CI runners that we
have added for Mailman Project.

But now, thanks for Simon Hanna, anyone can enable Gitblab's Shared
Runners and run their tests inside a Docker Container. Right now, this
only works for Mailman Core, but very soon I am going to extend this to
other project repositories too.

How to:

1. Pull the latest commits from the Mailman's repo[1] or fork it if you
haven't already.

2. Go to the project settings page of your fork and you will see an
option called 'Runners' in the left hand side menu.

3. In the runners page, push the big green button that says "Enable
Shared Runners".

After this, each commit that you push to your fork should automatically
be tested. If you don't see the CI running at all, make sure that you
have enabled CI for your fork.

Under the `Project Settings`, in the `Features` section, check the box
that says "Build". AFAIK, this should be enabled by default, but just in
case if it is not.

Again I would like to Simon Hanna for this contribution.

[1]: https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman
--
thanks,
Abhilash Raj