[Mailman-Developers] [Mailman-Users] Help with installation

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Feb 27 10:08:54 EST 2016

Ibrahim Jarif writes:

 > https://hyperkitty.readthedocs.org/en/latest/development.html was
 > written for older version of Django (I guess Django-1.6).

I first used HK with Django 1.5 I think.  HK docs potentially go way
back in Django history, and I know we've had backward compatibility
issues with Django (to be fair, you expect those when going from x.y
to x.(y+3) or so).  Beta testers, beware!  Those =version requirements
do matter with Django.

 > A lot has changed in Django-1.9. The latest version has different
 > commands than those mentioned on the page.
 >
 > I've created an issue about the documentation here
 > <https://gitlab.com/mailman/postorius/issues/103>

Elsewhere I mentioned fixing an easy issue to qualify for GSoC.  This
sounds like a perfect one to me!