[Mailman-Developers] DMARC and Mailman 3

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Thu Aug 4 23:07:01 EDT 2016

Twilley, Jack writes:

 > I have been sponsored by an organization to port the existing DMARC
 > code from Mailman 2.1 to Mailman 3.  While my primary
 > responsibility is to satisfy the organization's requirements, it is
 > very important to me that the resulting product be a viable
 > candidate for upstream.
 >
 > I would appreciate any constructive guidance on how to best achieve
 > my goals.

I think the main issue will be any changes from Mailman 2's "Handler"
API to Mailman 3's "Handler" (message-altering) and "Rule"
(non-mutating) APIs, and how to communicate between them if both rules
and handlers are used.

Of course you're also welcome to do algorithmic and style cleanups
(the original from_is_list implementation was submitted by a third
party and we were in a hurry to do something so the style is suspect
-- I admit haven't looked at it, but somebody[tm] should :-).