[Mailman-Developers] DMARC and Mailman 3

Twilley, Jack twilleyj at oregonstate.edu
Tue Aug 2 16:47:16 EDT 2016

Hello!

Several years ago, some folks were interested in adding DMARC to Mailman 3
according to a thread on this mailing list.  The resulting discussion made
for some interesting reading, but didn't result in a particular call to
action.

A little over a year ago, the DMARC wiki page was last updated, with a
rough proposal for how DMARC would look in Mailman 3.

Last September, Barry mentioned that the DMARC code in Mailman 2.1 had yet
to be ported to Mailman 3, and that contributions were welcome.  I checked
the codebase and didn't see any DMARC code, so that hasn't happened yet.

I have been sponsored by an organization to port the existing DMARC code
from Mailman 2.1 to Mailman 3.  While my primary responsibility is to
satisfy the organization's requirements, it is very important to me that
the resulting product be a viable candidate for upstream.

I would appreciate any constructive guidance on how to best achieve my
goals.

Thank you!

Jack.