[Mailman-Developers] Mailman and Box

Bill.Costa at unh.edu Bill.Costa at unh.edu
Wed Nov 4 14:37:20 EST 2015

We will be retiring our Blackboard system (an e-learning portal)
which offered users 'organizations'; basically a combination of
group sharing of documents and collaboration via email.

I can't begin to duplicate all of the functionality of this part
of Blackboard, but I figured if I could link our school's Box
cloud storage with our new Mailman v2 installation, that would go
a long ways to provide a similar service.

The idea is that for every Mailman list created, a new Box shared
folder would also be created and associated with that list.  The
list owner and subscriber information would live in Mailman.  A
nightly reconciliation job would maintain the
list-owner/folder-owner roster and subscriber list between the
two systems.  Subscribers to the list would be granted, as a
whole, either reader or contributor access to the Box folder
(whatever the owner chooses).  The list-owner would be able to do
things like put the associated Box folder's URL into the list's
message footer.

Box provides a RESTful API, so I think I just might be able to
pull this off.

My question is, is there anybody else already doing this or
something similar?

...BC

--
  Bill Costa