[Mailman-Developers] Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Sat May 30 00:21:44 CEST 2015

On May 30, 2015, at 12:58 AM, Danil Smirnov wrote:

>Now I have working Postorius and I can subscribe myself to the test
>list and get the welcome message (with incorrect urls in it!).

Known bug!  The default templates actually need to be updated to not include
those urls, because the core doesn't know what those urls would be.  There is
machinery to allow for two levels of indirection so that, e.g. url-containing
templates could be defined in Postorius, and the core would fetch the on
demand, but that needs to be fleshed out a bit more (and will be in MM3.1).

>But I could not post to the list or mail to the list owner from outside:
>
>550 5.1.1 <test-owner at domain.tld>: Recipient address rejected: User
>unknown in virtual alias table
>
>I've checked postfix/main.cf and everything looks right in it.
>Also I've ensured that var/data/*.db files are world-readable.
>Selinux is disabled.
>
>How could I debug this error?

It sounds like a Postfix problem, so cranking up Postfix logging is probably
going to be the most fruitful avenue.

Cheers,