[Mailman-Developers] right adding of mailman 3 conf lines to httpd.conf

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri May 29 18:06:47 CEST 2015

Danil Smirnov writes:
 > Please help me to do this.
 >
 > if I put deployment/apache.conf into the virtualhost section of
 > httpd.conf I got the following:
 >
 > httpd[30658]: AH00526: Syntax error on line 428 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
 > httpd[30658]: WSGISocketPrefix cannot occur within <VirtualHost> section
 >
 > If I put them just outside of any virtualhost tags they produce Server
 > error page.
 >
 > It would be great if I could put them into :443 virtualhost section to
 > use SSL connection only for the list management/archives.

Is deployment/apache.conf distributed by Mailman (presumably in
Mailman-Bundler)?  Have you changed it in *any* way (including
anything that the installation instructions tell you do do)?

I'm asking because it sounds to me like apache.conf is written to be
use only in a non-virtual-host setup, which I would consider a bug
that we need to fix.

AFAICS from the modwsgi docs, just move the WSGISocketPrefix out of
apache.conf and into a non-vhost area of httpd.conf and you should be
golden.