[Mailman-Developers] Mailman installation error: GSOC 2015

Rajiv Sharma rajiv.tilakraj.sharma at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 10:02:25 CET 2015

Sorry abhilash, next time I will make sure I include the stack trace along
with the commands. Yes, setuptools.py is installed in my virtual
environment and I specified the python3.4 path with the -p argument while
creating the virtual env to install mailman.

Turns out my virtualenv had setuptools for python 2.7 and hence I was
getting module already installed message on running apt-get or pip install.
The solution to this is either:
Sudo apt-get install python3-setuptools
Or:
Sudo pip install setuptools-3.4.py (or something similar mentioning the
version of setup tools)

Hope this helps others.

Thank you
Rajiv Sharma